Friday 5 January 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Bismuth and William Bendeck.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1934 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- William Bendeck: Bolivian rally driver (d. 1971).
- Henri Bismuth: French surgeon, director of the Henri Bismuth Hepatobiliary Institute.
- David Dautresme: French business executive, the manager of several companies.
- Eddy Pieters-Graafland
- Phil Ramone: South African-American songwriter and producer co-founded A & R Recording (d. 2013).
- National and American baseball leagues select a uniform ball.
- Fenway Park catches fire for second time (May 8th 1926 also).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?