Saturday 13 January 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rip Taylor and Denise Guenard.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1934 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Rip Taylor: American actor.
- Denise Guenard: French pro field and track star, a champion runner in the Tokyo Olympics in 1964.
- Carolyn See: American author of several novels and mother of Lisa See, also a novelist.
- The Candidate of Science degree is established in the USSR.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?