Friday 26 January 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Émile Louis and Bob Uecker.
This Side of Heaven, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1934 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Émile Louis: French serial killer who raped and killed young girls placed in a government institution for disabled and abandoned kids.
- Bob Uecker: American baseball player, sportscaster, actor and comedian.
- Roger Landry: Canadian businessman and newspaper publisher.
- Charles Marowitz: American director playwright and critic.
- Bradman scores 128 NSW vs. Victoria, 96 mins, 17 fours 4 sixes
- Nazi Germany and Poland sign non-attack treaty for 10 years
- The Apollo Theater reopens in Harlem, New York City.
- German-Polish Non-Aggression Pact is signed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 January 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?