Wednesday 17 January 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sydney Phillip Hodkinson and Shari Lewis in Bronx.
The Lucky Texan, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1934 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Sydney Phillip Hodkinson: Composer.
- Shari Lewis in Bronx: New York, USA; ventriloquist/puppeteer (Lamb Chop).
- Donald Cammell: Scottish film director, born in the Camera Obscura (then known as Outlook Tower) on Castlehill, near the castle in Edinburgh, Scotland, the son of the poet and writer Charles Richard Cammell.
- Cedar Walton: American hard bop jazz pianist.
- Zlatko Papec: Croatian footballer and manager (d. 2013).
- Carl Hubbell, NL MVP winner, gets $18,000 contract by the New York Giants
- New York Giants reward National League Most Valuable Player pitcher Carl Hubbell with $18,000 contract.
- Electric Home and Farm Authority incorporated.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?