Saturday 27 January 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Federico Mayor Zaragoza in Barcelona and Julian Ogilvie.
This Side of Heaven, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1934 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Federico Mayor Zaragoza in Barcelona: Spain; UNESCO director (1987-).
- Julian Ogilvie: Thompson; CEO (De Beers).
- Edithe Cresson: premier of France (1991-92).
- Donald Spiers: controller (Aircraft Ministry of Defence).
- Raymond Boudon: French sociologist, professor at the Paris-Sorbonne University, and member of many important institutions: Académie des Sciences morales et politiques, Academia Europaea, British Academy, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, International Academy of Human Sciences of St Petersburg, Central European Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Édith Cresson: French politician named by President Francois Mitterrand as Prime Minister of France upon the resignation of Michel Rocard on 15 May 1991, France's first woman P.M.
- George Follmer: American race car driver, and one of the most successful road racers of the 1970s. His family moved to California when he was a baby. Follmer began his career running a Volkswagen Beetle in Gymkhana competition in parking lots in the San Gabriel Valley of Southern California. Follmer raced in the USAC Championship Car series in the 1967-1971 and 1974 seasons, with 25 career starts, including the 1969-1971 Indianapolis 500 races. He finished in the top ten 11 times, with his one victory in 1969 a
- VARA refuses to hire after commemoration of Marinus Van de Lubbe.
- French government of Chautemps falls (Stavisky Affair).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?