Wednesday 3 January 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carla Hills and Bryan George Kelly.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1934 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Carla Hills: American government official and the third woman in US history to hold a cabinet office.
- Bryan George Kelly: Composer.
- Oscar Martinez: American musician and songwriter of Mexican descent who performs Tejano, slow rock, polkas, cumbias and English tunes.
- Marpessa Dawn: American-French actress singer and dancer (d. 2008).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?