Friday 24 January 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 24, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Neil Diamond and Neil Diamond in Brooklyn.
Western Union, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1941 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Neil Diamond: American singer and songwriter, a bass-baritone popular from the '60s with compositions that include "Sweet Caroline," "Song Sung Blue" and "Touching You, Touching Me.
- Michael Chapman in Leeds: England; rocker ("Looking for 11").
- Neil Diamond in Brooklyn: New York, USA; singer/actor (Jazz Singer, "Coming to America").
- Dan Shechtman: Israeli chemist who was awarded the 2011 Nobel Prize for Chemistry for his discovery of quasicrystals, a type of crystal in which the atoms are arranged in a pattern that follows mathematical rules but without the pattern ever repeating itself.
- Aaron Neville: American singer (The Neville Brothers).
- British troops march into Abyssinia.