Tuesday July 16, 2019
US date format: 7/16/2019, UK date format: 16/7/2019
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 16, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Four Weddings and a Funeral, directed by Mike Newell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Knife by Jo Nesbo was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Broken Mirror.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 16, 2019?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Syrian Civil War: Syrian government airstrikes targeting residential areas in the towns of Jisr al-Shughur, Khan Shaykhun, Maar Shoreen, Hantoteen and Ain Al Bardeh in Idlib province, kill at least nine civilians and injure 14 others. (AA)
- Syrian government airstrikes targeting residential areas in the towns of Jisr al-Shughur, Khan Shaykhun, Maar Shoreen, Hantoteen and Ain Al Bardeh in Idlib province, kill at least nine civilians and injure 14 others. (AA)
- Nate Sutton, associate general counsel of Amazon, in testimony before a committee of the U.S. Senate, denies that the company uses individual data to compete unfairly with smaller sellers using its third-party platform. (Seeking Alpha)
- Odebrecht case: Former President of Peru Alejandro Toledo is arrested in the United States following an extradition request. (US News)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- b'Boeing 737 Max\xe2\x80\x99s Problems Force Ryanair to Cut Back Its Growth Plans' b'The budget airline had ordered 58 of the troubled aircraft, but it now expects to take delivery of 30 at most.' [..]
- b'Christine Lagarde Faces a New Challenge in Europe' b'She\xe2\x80\x99s run the I.M.F. She\xe2\x80\x99s a lawyer. She\xe2\x80\x99s not an economist. Does that matter as she prepares to lead the European Central Bank?' [..]
- See all financial news of July 16, 2019