Monday July 01, 2019
US date format: 7/1/2019, UK date format: 1/7/2019
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 1, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican).
Batman: Hush, directed by Justin Copeland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching Broken Mirror.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 01, 2019?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- See more
- War in Afghanistan; 1 July 2019 Kabul attack: 40 people are killed and over 100 injured by a car bombing and shooting in Kabul, Afghanistan. The Taliban claims responsibility and loses five gunmen. (New York Times)Taliban militants overran the Qush Tepa district of Jowzjan Province, resulting in the deaths of over 50 Afghan soldiers. Many others were captured. (ATNNews)
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- b'$2 Trillion Worth of Deals Were Struck in the First Half of 2019, but Caution Crept In' b'Businesses had plenty of reasons to worry in the first half \xe2\x80\x94 from slowing economic growth to geopolitical tensions \xe2\x80\x94 but they looked beyond those factors to strike big deals at a record pace.' [..]
- b'Japan Resumes Commercial Whaling. But Is There an Appetite for It?' b'Sliding demand and rising costs could jeopardize commercial whaling in Japan, which restarted Monday after a hiatus of more than 30 years.' [..]
- See all financial news of July 01, 2019