Saturday 16 June 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Dutronc and Eddie Cibrian.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
The Exorcist, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Best And The Brightest by David Halberstam was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warship.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 June 1973 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Thomas Dutronc: French jazz guitarist and member of noted family, his parents are composer/singer Jacques Dutronc and singer Françoise Hardy.
- Eddie Cibrian: TV Actor.
- Arnaud Costes
- Shannon Myers: CFL receiver (Edmonton Eskimos).
- Amanda Byram: Irish model and television host.
- Nikos Machlas: Greek footballer.
- Leonid I Brezhnev visit US
- U.S. President Richard Nixon begins several talks with Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Elton John - Daniel
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?