Thursday May 16, 1974US date format: 5/16/1974, UK date format: 16/5/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laura Pausini and Rodolphe Vinh-Tung.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Welcome to Arrow Beach, directed by Laurence Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Alistair Cooke'S America by Alistair Cooke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tank or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1974 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Laura Pausini: Italian pop singer who took top prize as a new artist in the 1993 San Remo Music Festival; two years later she released her first albut in English.
- Rodolphe Vinh-Tung: French wakeboarder, a World Games Champion, who spent his childhood in Tahiti in the southern archipelago community of Fariipiti.
- Sonny Sandoval: American singer-songwriter (P.
- Sean Carrigan
- Ahmet Zappa: Musician.
- Adam Richman: American actor and television personality.
- Conal Groom in Northford: Connecticut, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Keith Thibodeaux: cornerback (Washington Redskins).
- Eliza Thomas: American homicide victim, one of four young girls killed in a yogurt shop in northwest Austin, TX on 12/06/1991.
- Helmut Schmidt is elected German Chancellor after Willy Brandt resigns due to the spy in his office. Hans-Dietrich Genscher (FDP) becomes vice chancellor and foreign minister.
- Josip Broz Tito is re-elected president of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. This time he is elected for life.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- James Brown - The Payback
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- Graham Central Station - Can You Handle It?
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?