Monday 16 March 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Kamihira and Fosco Becattini.
Whirlpool of Fate, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1925!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1925 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Ben Kamihira
- Fosco Becattini: Italy sport Champion.
- Cornell Borchers: Germany -- Actress (Big Lift, Floodtide, Istanbul).
- Ben Kamihara: American artist, exhibited at the Whitney Museum of Art in New York City, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art, the Ringling Museum, and the Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center.
- Ervin Kassai: Hungarian basketball player and referee (d. 2012).
- Luis Miramontes: Mexican chemist and engineer (d. 2004).
- Mary Hinkson: American dancer and choreographer (d. 2014).