Thursday 12 March 1925
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 12, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louison Bobet and Georges Delerue.
Whirlpool of Fate, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1925!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1925 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Louison Bobet: French cyclist (Tour de France 1953-55), dies at age 58.
- Georges Delerue: French composer of music for films which include "The King of Hearts," "Julia" and more.
- Edward G Zubler
- Jean-Pierre Calvet: French singer and composer, a member of Les Compagnons de la chanson, a French vocal group from Lyon.
- Arlette Donier: French resistance member, raped and murdered at age 15 by Guy Trebert.
- Harry [Maxwell] Harrison: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Deathworld Trilogy).
- Harry Harrison: American author and illustrator (d. 2012).
- Leo Esaki: [Esaki Reona] in Japan; physicist (Tunnel effect-Nobel Prize 1973).
- William G: Whitehurst; American politician (Representative-Republican-Virginia).
- Louis Bobet: French cyclist and three-time winner of the prestigious Tour de France.
- Sun Yat-sen: Chinese revolutionary and politician (Born 1866).
- British government of Stanley Baldwin refuses to ratify Geneva agreement.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Isham Jones Conducting Ray Miller's Orchestra
- Rose Marie - John McCormack
- Tell Her in the Springtime - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra