Monday 23 March 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Monica Sinclair and David Watkin.
Whirlpool of Fate, directed by Jean Renoir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1925!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1925 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Monica Sinclair
- David Watkin: English cinematographer (d. 2008).
- André Balland
- Cees de: Ruyter; European champion billiards player.
- François Poli: French journalist, editor and author of espionage novels.
- David McNee: commissioner (Metropolitan Police).
- Andre Balland: French publisher and writer, founder in 1966 of 'éditions Balland,' a publishing house in Paris.
- Aleksei Kuropatkin: Russian General/minister of War, dies at age 76.
- Tennessee becomes first state to outlaw teaching theory of evolution.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Blue Eyed Sally - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- I'll See You in My Dreams - Marion Harris