Friday 16 March 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bert Zuurman and Brant Bjork.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Crazies, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1973 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Bert Zuurman: soccer player (SC Heerenveen).
- Brant Bjork: American musician (Kyuss).
- Tim Kang: American actor.
- Ahmet Karadoğan: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Patrick Millsaps: American lawyer and businessman.
- Vonda Ward: American boxer and basketball player
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?