Saturday 8 August 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Barron and Don Bowden.
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1936 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Keith Barron: English actor.
- Don Bowden: American track & field champion.
- Simon Eine: French actor, who is an honorary member of the Comédie-Française, trained at the National Conservatory of Dramatic Art by Jean Yonnel.
- Vittorio Giuliani Ricci: Italian executive, the manager of Ferruzzi, one of the most important family businesses in Italy (similar to the Angeli family).
- Frank Howard: American baseball player, coach and team manager, who hit his career-high 48 home runs with the Washington Senators during the 1969 season.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?