Thursday 14 November 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Affolter and Michael J Fitzgerald.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley.
In UK That'll Be The Day by The Crickets was in the top 5 hits.
Zero Hour!, directed by Hall Bartlett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Benny Hill Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1957!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1957 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Frank Affolter: Pianist / writer / composer (If Nobody Does).
- Michael J Fitzgerald: American writer.
- Michael Morgan: American noted family, the son of actress Yvonne de Carlo and stunt man husband Bob Morgan.
- Donald Canfield: American geologist and academic.
- Michael Fitzgerald: American author.
- Dick Hutton beats Lou Thesz in Toronto, to become NWA wrestling champ
- Henry Aaron wins NL MVP
- The Apalachin Meeting outside Binghamton, New York is raided by law enforcement, and many high level Mafia figures are arrested.
- Apalachin Meeting: American Mafia leaders meet in Apalachin, New York at the house of Joseph Barbara the meeting is broken up by a curious patrolman.
- A plane crash in the Isle of Wight leaves 43 dead.
- Yugoslavia announces the end of an economic boycott of Franco's Spain (although it does not reinstitute diplomatic relations).
- Serial killer Edward Gein murders his last victim, Bernice Worden of Plainfield, Wisconsin, US.
- U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower has a stroke
- Adnan Menderes of DP forms the new government of Turkey (23rd government,last government formed by DP and Adnan Menderes)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 November 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?