Sunday 31 July 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morey Carr and Robert W Davis.
American Madness, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while Sons by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1932 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Morey Carr: Rocker (Playmates).
- Robert W Davis: (Rep-R-Michigan, 1979- ).
- Roger Baudron: French personality from the world of horse racing, a driver, trainer and owner of race horses.
- Ted Cassidy: American actor and screenwriter (d. 1979).
- John Searle: American philosopher and academic.
- Francesco Paolo Neglia: Composer, dies at 58.
- 27th Davis Cup: France beats USA in Paris (3-2)
- George Washington quarter goes into circulation
- German Election (NSDAP gets 37.3%)
- The US Mint releases the Washington quarter dollar to circulation.
- Cleveland Municipal Stadium opens-Philadelphia Athletics beat Cleveland Indians 1-0.
- The NSDAP wins more than 38% of the vote in German elections.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?