Friday 22 July 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Félix Leyzour and Tom Robbins (author).
Jewel Robbery, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Fountain by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1932 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Félix Leyzour
- Tom Robbins (author)
- Leonard Parker: American actor and singer, producer and director.
- Oscar de la Renta: Fashion Designer.
- William Wilkinson: Businessman / conservationist.
- Jean Barthe: French rugby player, an all-time great, one of the best French prop (forward).
- Jack Schwartzman: American noted family, lawyer and film producer.
- Roosje Vos: Dutch trade union leader, dies at 71.
- Roses Fox: Trade union leader, dies at 71.
- Errico Malatesta: Italian anarchist.
- Florenz Ziegfeld: American theatrical producer and showman who originated and introduced the Ziegfeld Follies Review in 1907.
- Reginald Fessenden: Canadian engineer and academic invented radiotelephony (d. 1932).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?