Friday 22 July 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Wilkinson and Jean Barthe.
Jewel Robbery, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1932 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- William Wilkinson: Businessman / conservationist.
- Jean Barthe: French rugby player, an all-time great, one of the best French prop (forward).
- Leonard Parker: American actor and singer, producer and director.
- Jack Schwartzman: American noted family, lawyer and film producer.
- Oscar de la Renta: Fashion Designer.
- Roosje Vos: Dutch trade union leader, dies at 71.
- Roses Fox: Trade union leader, dies at 71.
- Errico Malatesta: Italian anarchist.
- Florenz Ziegfeld: American theatrical producer and showman who originated and introduced the Ziegfeld Follies Review in 1907.
- Reginald Fessenden: Canadian engineer and academic invented radiotelephony (d. 1932).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 July 1932
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?