Friday 30 June 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 30, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil Wears Prada, directed by David Frankel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Psych.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Daxter or Quickspot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 June 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 2006!
Which were the important events of 30 June 2006 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 June
- A judge orders the arrest of former Mexican President Luis Echeverría on charges relating to the 1968 Tlatelolco Massacre. (Reuters)
- The United States military orders an investigation into claims that five US soldiers raped an Iraqi woman and then murdered her and three members of her family. (Houston Chronicle)
- With the election of Trish Law in a by-election, the National Assembly for Wales becomes the first legislature in the world to have a majority of female members. (BBC)
- Operation Summer Rains:
- On the sixth day to the abduction of Cpl. Gilad Shalit, his father calls the abductors to provide him with a sign of life from Gilad, as a humane requisite. He also personally thanks Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak for his personal involvement in resolving the crisis. (Ynet)
- Israeli air strike kills one Islamic Jihad militant in the Gaza Strip, the first Palestinian fatality in the IDF incursion. A child is lightly wounded in another air strike in the Gaza Strip. (Haaretz)
- An upgraded Qassam rocket lands in the cemetery of Ashkelon, an Israeli city with a population exceeding 117,000. This is the furthest range Qassam rockets have reached to date. (Ynet)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- LeToya - Torn
- Snap Yo Fingers - Lil Jon Featuring E-40 & Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ
- Enough Cryin - Mary J. Blige Featuring Brook-Lyn
- So What - Field Mob Featuring Ciara
- T.I. - Why You Wanna
- DJ Play A Love Song - Jamie Foxx Featuring Twista
- Gimme That - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne
- Ne-Yo - When You're Mad
- Ridin' - Chamillionaire Featuring Krayzie Bone
Top #10 Latin songs
- Hips Don't Lie - Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean
- Angelito - Don Omar
- Down - RKM & Ken-Y
- Caile - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Machucando - Daddy Yankee
- Volverte A Amar - Alejandra Guzman
- Mariano Barba - Aliado Del Tiempo
- Nuestro Amor Se Ha Vuelto Ayer - Victor Manuelle Featuring Yuridia
- Un Beso - Aventura
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
- Nelly Furtado - Maneater
- Lily Allen - Smile
- Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
- Buttons - The Pussycat Dolls featuring Snoop Dogg
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?