Wednesday 17 April 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Hamilton and Marcel Nijenhuis.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Conversation, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1974 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- James Hamilton: linebacker (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Marcel Nijenhuis: soccer player (NEC).
- Mikael Akerfeldt: Swedish guitarist and singer (Opeth).
- Victoria Beckham: British musician, one of the Spice Girls, called Posh, and wife of noted English football star player David Beckham.
- Simon Konecki: Family Member.
- Mikael Åkerfeldt: Swedish singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Opeth Bloodbath and Katatonia)
- Bundy victim Susan Rancourt disappears from CWU, Ellensburg, Washington
- Moslem fundamentalists assault military academy in Heliopolis Egypt
- Susan Rancourt disappears from Central Washington State College, Ellensburg, Washington (Ted Bundy victim).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?