Wednesday April 17, 1974
US date format: 4/17/1974, UK date format: 17/4/1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on April 17, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Victoria Beckham and Mikael Akerfeldt.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dark Star, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Working by Studs Terkel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gran Trak 10 or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 17, 1974?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- See more
- Bundy victim Susan Rancourt disappears from CWU, Ellensburg, Washington
- Susan Rancourt disappears from Central Washington State College, Ellensburg, Washington (Ted Bundy victim).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 17, 1974?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- James Brown - The Payback
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Mighty Mighty
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- The Temptations - Heavenly
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next April 17If April 17, 1974 is your birthday you're 46 years, 5 months, 11 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 20 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 17, 1974?
On April 17, 1974 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is April 17, 1974?
On April 17, 1974 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 17, 1974?
On April 17, 1974 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 17, 1974?
On April 17, 1974 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on April 17, 1974?
On April 17, 1974 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on April 17, 1974?
On April 17, 1974 several famous people were born including, Victoria Beckham, Mikael Akerfeldt, Stéphanie Cano.
Which famous people died on April 17, 1974?
Famous people died on April 17, 1974 include, Herbert Elwell, Vinnie Taylor, Frank McGee.
What was the number one song in April 17, 1974?
The number one song in the week of April 17, 1974 was TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB in US and Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks in UK.
What were the top hits on April 17, 1974?
The top hits on April 17, 1974 were TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB, Bennie And The Jets by Elton John, Hooked On A Feeling by Blue Swede in US and Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks, The Cat Crept In by Mud, Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace in UK.