Saturday 17 March 1973, St. Patrick's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amelia Weatherly and Rico Blanco.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Crazies, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1973 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Amelia Weatherly: Actress (Stephanie Brewster-Loving / The City).
- Rico Blanco: Filipino singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, actor, and entrepreneur.
- Caroline Corr: Irish singer and drummer (The Corrs).
- Amelia Heinle: American actress.
- Vance Wilson: American baseball player and manager.
- Jerome Woods: safety (Kansas City Chiefs).
- Geertruida M W "Truus" Bakker: Dutch actress (2 Orphans), dies at 81.
- St. Patrick Day marchers carry 14 coffins commemorating Bloody Sunday
- Queen Elizabeth II opens new London Bridge.
- The Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph Burst of Joy is taken, depicting a former prisoner of war being reunited with his family.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?