Saturday 17 May 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fabiano Fabiani and Harold Haverty.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1930 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Fabiano Fabiani: Italian executive, director of alfa; administrator of finmeccanica; worked as news director 1955-78; economic director.
- Harold Haverty: American executive and CEO in charge of Deluxe Inc.
- Herbert David Croly: US founder (New Republic), dies at age 61.
- 56th Kentucky Derby: Earl Sande aboard Gallant Fox wins in 2:07.6.
- French Prime Minister André Tardieu decides to withdraw the remaining French troops from the Rhineland (they depart by June 30).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?