Tuesday 17 May 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Timothy Cordy and Jenny Fish.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Clock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1949 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Timothy Cordy: British director (Town / Country Planning Association).
- Jenny Fish: American ice skater, Olympic silver medal champion.
- Bill Bruford: English drummer songwriter and producer (Yes King Crimson UK Earthworks Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe and National Health).
- British government recognizes Republic of Ireland.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Margaret Whiting & Johnny Mercer
- Jo Stafford - Some Enchanted Evening
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?