Friday May 17, 1974US date format: 5/17/1974, UK date format: 17/5/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrea Corr and Sendhil Ramamurthy.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to The Streak by Ray Stevens.
In UK Sugar Baby Love by The Rubettes was in the top 5 hits.
Welcome to Arrow Beach, directed by Laurence Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Partners by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tank or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1974 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Andrea Corr: Irish singer-songwriter pianist and actress (The Corrs).
- Sendhil Ramamurthy: American actor.
- Fabrice Gobert
- Eddie Lewis: American football (soccer) player.
- Marcia Turner in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; Miss America (Massachusetts-Top 10-1996).
- William Yiampoy: Kenyan runner.
- Wiki Gonzalez: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Wiki González: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Dmitri Shostakovitch completes his 15th String quartet
- Police in Los Angeles, California, raid the Symbionese Liberation Army's headquarters, killing six members, including Camilla Hall.
- Dublin and Monaghan bombings: Thirty-three civilians are killed when the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) explodes car bombs in Dublin and Monaghan, Republic of Ireland.
- Nuclear test: Under Project Smiling Buddha, India successfully detonates its first nuclear weapon, becoming the 6th nation to do so.
- The Warsaw radio mast is completed, the second tallest structure ever built (it collapses on August 8, 1991).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Stevens - The Streak
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Marvin Hamlisch - The Entertainer
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Three Dog Night - The Show Must Go On
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- Maria Muldaur - Midnight At The Oasis
- Chicago - (I've Been) Searchin' So Long
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - I'm In Love
- Stevie Wonder - Don't You Worry 'bout A Thing
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- James Brown - The Payback
- Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes - Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)
- The O'Jays - For The Love Of Money
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- Graham Central Station - Can You Handle It?
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?