Thursday 17 May 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lise Lyng Falkenberg and Scott Case.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Lonely Are the Brave, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1962 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Lise Lyng Falkenberg: Danish writer.
- Scott Case: NFL safety (Dallas Cowboys).
- Tracey Bryn: rocker (Voice of the Beehive - "Let it Bee").
- Craig Ferguson: Scottish-American comedian and late-night television host, writer and director.
- Lise Falkenberg: Danish journalist and author.
- Jane Moore: English journalist and author
- Rosalind Picard: American computer scientist and engineer co-founded Affectiva
- Marin County withdraws from BART district
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 May 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Burl Ives - Funny Way Of Laughin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?