Wednesday 23 May 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Brantley at Scott Air Force Base and Karen [Duff] Duffy in New York City.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Stranger On The Shore by Mr. Acker Bilk.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Lonely Are the Brave, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1962 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Keith Brantley at Scott Air Force Base: Illinois, USA; marathon runner (Olympics-1996).
- Karen [Duff] Duffy in New York City: New York, USA; MTV VJ/actress (Meet Wally Sparks).
- Imran Anwar: Pakistani internent technologist.
- Tamara Kennedy: Scottish actress of award-winning film and TV soaps.
- Matt Wrack: English firefighter and union leader.
- Scott Carpenter orbits Earth 3 times in US Aurora 7
- Joe Pepitone is second New York Yankees player to hit two homeruns in one inning (Joe DiMaggio was first).
- OAS leader General Raoul Salan sentenced to life.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 May 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Jimmy Dean - P.T. 109
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?