Saturday 17 November 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Rehberg and Andreas ''Vintersorg'' Hedlund.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Keep On Truckin' (Part 1) by Eddie Kendricks.
In UK Let Me In by The Osmonds was in the top 5 hits.
Westworld, directed by Michael Crichton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The First Deadly Sin by Lawrence Sanders was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The CBS Festival of Lively Arts for Young People.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1973!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1973 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Scott Rehberg: Tackle (New England Patriots).
- Andreas ''Vintersorg'' Hedlund: Swedish singer (Vintersorg).
- Sarah Devens: American college senior at Dartmouth and All-American athlete, found at 1:30 PM, 7/10/1995, dead from a gunshot to the head.
- Andreas Hedlund: Swedish singer-songwriter and producer (Vintersorg Borknagar Cronian Fission Waterclime and Otyg).
- Eli Marrero: Cuban-American baseball player coach and manager.
- Bernd Schneider: German footballer
- Alexei Urmanov: Russian figure skater and coach
- Leslie Bibb: American actress and producer
- Mirra Alfassa: ''The Mother'', Sri Aurobindo Ashram (Born 1878).
- Greek regime attacks students with tanks, 100s killed
- Teri Garr plays role of a stripper on The Nurse
- US President Richard Nixon tells Associated Press "...people have got to know whether or not their President is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook".
- The Athens Polytechnic Uprising against the military regime ends in a bloodshed in the Greek capital.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- Ringo Starr - Photograph
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- Chicago - Just You 'N' Me
- Jim Croce - I Got A Name
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?