Friday 2 November 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Smith and Ben Graham.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Midnight Train To Georgia by Gladys Knight and the Pips.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Malicious, directed by Salvatore Samperi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tommy Cooper Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1973!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1973 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Jason Smith: Calgary, Alberta -- NHL defenseman (New Jersey Devils).
- Ben Graham: Australian footballer.
- Marisol Nichols: American actress.
- Barbra Streisand ...and Other Musical Instruments airs on CBS TV
- OLADE (Latin American Energy Organization) forms
- The Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India form a 'United Front' in the state of Tripura.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 November 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Cher - Half-Breed
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- Garfunkel - All I Know
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?