Wednesday 21 November 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brent Smith and Danny Kanell.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Photograph by Ringo Starr.
In UK Let Me In by The Osmonds was in the top 5 hits.
Westworld, directed by Michael Crichton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Portrait Of A Marriage by Nigel Nicolson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The CBS Festival of Lively Arts for Young People.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 21 November 1973 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Brent Smith: Tackle (Miami Dolphins).
- Danny Kanell: Quarterback (New York Giants).
- Nate Erdmann: American basketball player: guard, Jazz.
- Ines Sastre: Spanish model and actress.
- Brook Kerr: American actress.
- Thomas Pelly: American lawyer and politician (d. 1973).
- Pete Rose wins NL MVP
- U.S. President Richard Nixon's attorney, J. Fred Buzhardt, reveals the existence of an 18½-minute gap in one of the White House tape recordings related to Watergate.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ringo Starr - Photograph
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Carpenters - Top Of The World
- Billy Preston - Space Race
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- Chicago - Just You 'N' Me
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - The Love I Lost (Part 1)
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 21 November 1973 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?