Sunday November 17, 1974US date format: 11/17/1974, UK date format: 17/11/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1974). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Cassez and Leslie Bibb.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatever Gets You Thru The Night by John Lennon.
In UK Gonna Make You A Star by David Essex was in the top 5 hits.
Freebie and the Bean, directed by Richard Rush, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while A Bridge Too Far by Cornelius Ryan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Leutnant vom Schwanenkietz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tank or Qwak!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1974!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1974 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Florence Cassez: French woman who was accused to belong to a kidnapping gang in Mexico (2005).
- Leslie Bibb: American actress.
- Claudia Pandolfi: Italian actress, acclaimed from youth when she starred in the film, "Ovosodo,".
- Eunice Barber: French-Sierra Leonean athlete, she won the gold medal in pentathlon at the 1999 World championship and the gold in long jump at the 2003 world championship, becoming the first French female athlete to jump over the limit of the 7m.
- Michael Johnston: Politician.
- Brooke Elliott: Actress.
- Berto Romero: Spanish comedian and actor.
- Abbygale Williamson Arenas: Miss Universe - Photogenic (Phil, 1997).
- Brandon Call: Actor (Baywatch, Blind Fury, Step by Step).
- Marc Edwards: American football player who last played in the NFL in 2005 for the Chicago Bears.
- Clive Brook: Actor / director (On Approval), dies at 87.
- Bonnie Bryant wins Bill Branch LPGA Golf Classic
- Union of Banana Exporting Countries (UPEB) forms
Sport Games on 17 November 1974
- Baltimore Colts - Atlanta Falcons : 17 - 7
- Buffalo Bills - Miami Dolphins : 28 - 35
- Cincinnati Bengals - Houston Oilers : 3 - 20
- Dallas Cowboys - Washington Redskins : 21 - 28
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Lennon - Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
- Do It ('Til You're Satisfied) - B.T. Express
- Bobby Vinton - My Melody Of Love
- America - Tin Man
- John Denver - Back Home Again
- Billy Swan - I Can Help
- Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade
- Reunion - Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)
- Carl Carlton - Everlasting Love
- Gordon Lightfoot - Carefree Highway
Top #10 R&B songs
- Shirley Brown - Woman To Woman
- Latimore - Let's Straighten It Out
- Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)
- Love Don't Love Nobody - Pt. I - The Spinners
- Party Down - Part 1 - Little Beaver
- B.T. Express - Do It ('til You're Satisfied)
- Tavares - She's Gone
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - I Feel A Song (in My Heart)
- Kool & The Gang - Higher Plane
- Blue Magic - Three Ring Circus
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?