Monday 2 September 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Mitchell and Allen Drury.
To the Rescue, directed by Melanie Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1918 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Martha Mitchell: wife of Attorney General John Mitchell.
- Allen Drury: American writer who wrote the 1959 political novel "Advise and Consent," for which he won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1960.
- André-Marie Gerard: Epinal Journalist.