Monday 2 September 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Mitchell and Allen Drury.
The Lady of the Dugout, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1918 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Martha Mitchell: wife of Attorney General John Mitchell.
- Allen Drury: American writer who wrote the 1959 political novel "Advise and Consent," for which he won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1960.
- André-Marie Gerard: Epinal Journalist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Man Who Put the Germ in Germany - Nora Bayes
- When You Come Home - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?