Wednesday 18 April 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 18, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anicet Turinay and Bernard Arcand.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1945 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Anicet Turinay
- Christianus Geloven: Dutch homicide: the killer of two young girls on 10/10/1991, Ingrid Van de Portaele and Muriel Sanchez.
- Bernard Arcand: Canadian anthropologist and author (d. 2009).
- Richard Bausch: American author and academic.
- Robert Bausch: American author and academic.
- Margaret Hassan: Irish-Iraqi aid worker (d. 2004).
- Ernie Pyle: American writer, journalist and syndicated columnist who won the Pulitzer Prize in 1943 and was killed in Okinawa during World War II.
- John Ambrose Fleming: English physicist and electrical engineer (b.
- Ernest T Pyle: British/US newscaster, killed by Japanese gunfire on Okinawa, Japan, at age 44.
- Prince William of Wied: sovereign Prince of Albania (Born 1876).
- 1 armed outfielder, St. L Brown Pete Gray, 1st game he goes 1 for 4
- Epe freed (by corporal G van Aken)
- Clandestine Radio 1212, after broadcasting pro-German propoganda for months, uses their influence to trap 350,000 German Army Group B troops.
- Over 1,000 bombers attack the small island of Heligoland, Germany.