Thursday 18 August 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Frank and Orestes Quércia.
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1938 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Joe Frank: American radio personality.
- Orestes Quércia: Brazilian politician, the mayor of Campinas, a governor and a senator, long suspected of fraud and financial corruption.
- FDR dedicates Thousand Islands Bridge connecting US and Canada
- Canadian Prime Minister William King and US President Franklin Roosevelt dedicate the Thousand Islands Bridge connecting US and Canada.
- The Thousand Islands Bridge, connecting New York State, United States with Ontario, Canada over the St. Lawrence River, is dedicated by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?