Wednesday 18 July 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Engelbert Linder and Jérôme Potier.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Bull From The Sea by Mary Renault was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1962 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Engelbert Linder: Hockey defenseman (Team Austria 1998).
- Jérôme Potier: French former tennis player who is currently Josselin Ouanna's coach and has coached Marc Gicquel and Thierry Ascione.
- Lee Arenberg: American actor and screenwriter.
- Jensen Buchanan: Montgomery, Alabama -- Actress (Vicky / Marley-Another World).
- Jack Irons: American drummer (Spinnerette What Is This? The Wallflowers Red Hot Chili Peppers Pearl Jam and Eleven).
- Shaun Micallef: Australian comedian actor producer and screenwriter
- Minn is 1st AL team to hit 2 grand slams in an inning as Bob Allison
- Minn Twins Bob Allison and Harmon Killebrew hit grand slams in 1st inn and Harmon Killebrew connect in a club-record, 11-run 1st inning
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Joanie Sommers - Johnny Get Angry
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Dee Dee Sharp - Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes)
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?