Saturday 7 July 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shawn Paddock and Clive "Doctor".
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Stripper by David Rose and His Orchestra.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1962 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Shawn Paddock: Rocker (Red rockers).
- Clive "Doctor": Jackson; rocker (Dr and the Medics - "Laughing at Pieces").
- Licia Colò: Italian TV hostess and journalist, who began her television career in 1982 as host or writer of several shows for RAI, Italian state television, and Mediaset, Silvio Berlusconi's network.
- Elsa Di Gati: Italian stage and television actress.
- Sırrı Önder: Turkish actor director screenwriter and politician.
- 69th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Karen Susman beats Vera Sukova (64 64)
- Bill Hartack becomes 8th jockey to win 3,000 horse races.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 July 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Joe Henderson - Snap Your Fingers
- Joanie Sommers - Johnny Get Angry
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?