Monday 30 July 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andy Green and Tom Pagnozzi.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Portrait In Brownstone by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The French Chef.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1962 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
- Andy Green: United Kingdom -- 1st to break sound barrier on land.
- Tom Pagnozzi: Tucson, Arizona -- Catcher (St. Louis Cardinals).
- Vladimir Nikolayevich Dezhurov: Russian Lieutenant Colonel / Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-21).
- Alton Brown: American television host and chef.
- Jay Feaster: American National Hockey League executive.
- Yakub Memon: Indian accountant and terrorist (d. 2015)
- Myron McCormick: Actor (China Girl, Jigsaw), dies of cancer at 54.
- 33rd All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 9-4 at Wrigley Field, Chicago
- All star MVP: Leon Wagner (LA Angels)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Richard Chamberlain - Theme From Dr. Kildare (Three Stars Will Shine Tonight)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?