Monday 9 July 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jordan Belfort .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Bull From The Sea by Mary Renault was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 July 1962 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Louis A van Gasteren: Dutch actor (Willem van Oranje), dies at 74.
- The Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test is conducted by the United States of America.
- Andy Warhol's Campbell's Soup Cans exhibition opens at the Ferus Gallery in Los Angeles.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Dee Dee Sharp - Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes)
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?