Thursday 19 July 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Wilson and Craig Muni.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while In The Clearing by Robert Frost was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The French Chef.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1962 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Brad Wilson: Pomona, California -- Canadian Tour golfer (1993 9 Pro-Am).
- Craig Muni: Toronto, Ontario -- NHL defenseman (Winnipeg Jets).
- Aya Kito: Japanese writer (d. 1988).
- Anthony Edwards: American actor, best known for his role as Dr. Mark Greene on the TV series "ER," for which Anthony Edwards has won two Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series, a 1998 Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Drama, and a People¹s Choice Award as Favorite Male Television Performer in a New Series.
- The First Annual Swiss amp Wielder Hoop and Stick Tournament is held.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Joanie Sommers - Johnny Get Angry
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Dee Dee Sharp - Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes)
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?