Thursday 26 July 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Uwe Raab and Galina Chistyakova.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The French Chef.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 July 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 July 1962 ?
- Uwe Raab
- Galina Chistyakova: Russian jumper (world record 1988).
- Jody Reed: Tampa, Florida -- Infielder (San Diego Padres).
- Mairead Ni Mhaonaigh: Irish fiddler and vocalist (Altan).
- Mairéad Mhaonaigh: Irish singer and fiddler (Altan T with the Maggies and String Sisters).
- Maria Oeljanov, 1st airship with nuclear missiles, arrives in Cuba
- Milwaukee Brave Warren Spahn sets HR record of 31 by a pitcher
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Dee Dee Sharp - Gravy (For My Mashed Potatoes)
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?