Thursday 18 April 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander "Skip" Spence and Anne Boyd.
Make Mine Music, directed by Bob Cormack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1946 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Alexander "Skip" Spence: Canada -- Guitarist / vocalist (Moby Grape-Omaha).
- Anne Boyd: Composer.
- Harvey Kagan: Rocker.
- Lenny Baker: rocker (Sha Na Na).
- Jean-François Balmer: French Swiss actor who has worked extensively for French cinema, theatre, and television.
- Hayley Mills: British actress, an appealing juvenile who charmed audiences as the bubbly teenage star of such '60s Disney classics as "The Parent Trap" and "Pollyanna," for which she won a special Oscar in 1960 at the age of 14. She was 12 when cast in "Tiger Bay" with her famous dad, and after a visit by Walt Disney was imported into Hollywood. For a while, at 15, she battled with weight gain. Some 100 lbs and 5'4" was hardly excessive, but enough to send her into an eating disorder by the time she was 18.
- Irene Fernandez: Malaysian activist (d. 2014)
- Skip Spence: Canadian-American singer-songwriter drummer and guitarist (Jefferson Airplane and Moby Grape) (d. 1999)
- Call Me Mister opens at National Theater NYC for 734 performances
- League of Nations dissolves (three months after the United Nations starts).
- Jackie Robinson debuts as second baseman for the Montreal Royals.
- The International Court of Justice holds its inaugural meeting in The Hague, Netherlands.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 April 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?