Sunday 18 November 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marga Stubblefield and Mark N Brown in Valparaiso.
Superman and the Mole-Men, directed by Lee Sholem, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dagmar's Canteen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1951!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1951 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Marga Stubblefield: LPGA golfer.
- Mark N Brown in Valparaiso: Indiana, USA; Major US Air Force/astronaut (STS 28, STS 48).
- Pete Morelli: American businessman.
- Justin Raimondo: American journalist and author.
- See it Now premieres on TV
- British troops occupies Ismailiya Egypt
- Former Cubs 1st baseman and future TV star of Rifleman Chuck Connors is 1st player to oppose the major league draft
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?