Tuesday 18 September 1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Maillot and Julio Rosales.
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The Fighting Chance by Robert W. Chambers was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1906 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Maurice Maillot: French film and theatre actor, who died on 8 February 1968 in Paris.
- Julio Rosales: Filipino cardinal (d. 1983).
- Kaka Hathrasi: Indian poet and author (d. 1995).
- A typhoon with tsunami kills an estimated 10,000 people in Hong Kong.
- A typhoon and tsunami kill an estimated 10,000 in Hong Kong.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Good Old U.S.A. - Byron G. Harlan
- Here it Comes Again - Bert Williams
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?