Wednesday 19 July 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
The Merry Jail, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Beach Road by James Patterson, Peter de Jonge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lab.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: The Sports Quiz or Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 19 July 2006
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 2006!
Which were the important events of 19 July 2006 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 July
- A 235-193 vote in the U.S. House of Representatives falls short of the 2/3 majority needed to override President George W. Bush's first-ever veto of a bill intended to reauthorize federal funding of embryonic stem cell research (see Stem cell controversy). (AP)
- Record-breaking temperatures continue in a U.S. heat wave and another in Europe, causing at least 18 deaths, including some as far north as the Netherlands. The UK hit a record-breaking July temperature of 36.5°C (97.7°F) at Wisley. (BBC)
- Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the United States Federal Reserve warns the United States Senate Banking Committee of the possible impact of rising energy prices on inflation. (Bloomberg)
- Internet censorship: In an unprecedented move for a leading democracy, India bans some blogs Huge outrage reported. (New York Times)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Two Israeli soldiers have been killed in fierce fighting with Hezbollah guerrillas in southern Lebanon. (BBC NEWS)
- Israeli ground troops cross the border into Lebanon in a limited incursion. ''(International Herald Tribune)''
- Israeli airstrikes hit the southern suburbs of Beirut near the airport. (CNN)
- A cruise ship carrying 1000 Americans leaves Beirut for Cyprus as the fighting enters its second week. (Associated Press)
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict (Operation Summer Rains):
- Independent reports say that over 100 people are dead and missing in North Korea as a result of floods and landslides, while the North's government-controlled media omitted mention of any casualties. More than 9,000 families are left homeless. There have been at least 25 deaths in South Korea. (MSNBC)
- OFCOM removes the retail price controls that had been imposed on Britain's dominant telco, the BT Group, for the last 22 years. (BBC)
- An aristocratic house believed to be the birthplace of Augustus, the first emperor of ancient Rome, is discovered under the Palatine Hill. (SFGate)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
- Snap Yo Fingers - Lil Jon Featuring E-40 & Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ
- LeToya - Torn
- So What - Field Mob Featuring Ciara
- T.I. - Why You Wanna
- Enough Cryin - Mary J. Blige Featuring Brook-Lyn
- Shoulder Lean - Young Dro Featuring T.I.
- Deja Vu - Beyonce Featuring Jay Z
- Cassie - Me & U
- Do It To It - Cherish Featuring Sean Paul Of The YoungBloodZ
Top #10 Latin songs
- Angelito - Don Omar
- Down - RKM & Ken-Y
- Hips Don't Lie - Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean
- Caile - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- No, No, No - Thalia Featuring Anthony "Romeo" Santos
- Machucando - Daddy Yankee
- Mariano Barba - Aliado Del Tiempo
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
- Me Voy - Julieta Venegas
- Diganle - Conjunto Primavera
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?