Sunday 19 August 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emmi Butler .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
3:10 to Yuma, directed by James Mangold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while High Noon by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Monkey Life.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat or Buzz! Junior: Robo Jam.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 19 August 2007 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Indonesia raises the lava alert for Mount Karangetang on the resort island of Siau as authorities move to evacuate those most at risk. (Reuters)
- Rescue workers start pumping water from a flooded coal mine in Xintai, Shandong where 172 Chinese miners are trapped. (CNN)
- United States floods:
- The Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty declares a state of emergency in six Minnesota counties as a result of flooding with six deaths reported. (AP via West Central Tribune)
- At least two people die and another three are missing after the remains of Tropical Storm Erin hit Oklahoma. (Reuters via New Zealand Herald)
- Twelve people have died in the midwest of the United States with Wisconsin, Illinois and Ohio also badly affected. (AP via Forbes)
- The Philippines army captures an Abu Sayyaf base on the island of Basilan following a heavy struggle with at least 35 soldiers and militants killed in the battle. (Reuters via Canada.com)
- Typhoon Sepat spawns a tornado that kills nine people in Zhejiang Province, China. More than a million people have been evacuated as a result of the typhoon. (Reuters via CNN)ampnowiki/nowikiamp
- Voters in Thailand go to the polls for a referendum to decide whether to accept or reject a new constitution. A majority of voters appear to have supported it. (Xinhua)
- A German woman taken hostage yesterday in Kabul, Afghanistan is found during a police raid on a house. Multiple abductors arrested. (BBC)
- The second fire this year in the same building in Pakistan kills 1, injures four. (Wikinews)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 August 2007
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Standard - Cercle Brugge : 4 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Bochum : 1 - 2
- Hamburg - Leverkusen : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- CZ Jena - St Pauli : 0 - 1
- Greuther Furth - Mainz : 3 - 0
- M'gladbach - Hoffenheim : 0 - 0
- Munich 1860 - Kaiserslautern : 3 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Lens - Valenciennes : 0 - 0
- Marseille - Nancy : 2 - 2
- Nice - Rennes : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?