Saturday 1 April 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pieter Scheen and Hubert Malet.
The End of the World, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1916!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 April 1916 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Pieter Scheen: Dutch art dealer, collector and writer on Dutch art history.
- Hubert Malet: France Actor.
- Gabrielle Petit Belgian resistance fighter: executed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?