Thursday 19 June 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Ainsworth and Jérôme Cahuzac.
The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Memoirs Of Herbert Hoover by Herbert Hoover was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I've Got a Secret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1952 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Robert Ainsworth: British politician.
- Jérôme Cahuzac: French politician (socialist party) and former cosmetic surgeon, who, until his appointment as Junior Minister for the Budget at the Ministry of the Economy, Finance, and External Trade by President François Hollande on 16 May 2012, was a member of the National Assembly of France where he represented the 3rd constituency of Lot-et-Garonne on behalf of the Socialist Party.
- Bob Ainsworth: English politician Secretary of State for Defence.
- Sidsel Endresen: Norwegian singer.
- Heinrich Schlusnus: German singer, an operatic baritone whose voice had a beautiful timbre which was greatly admired in Verdi roles.
- Brooklyn Dodgers' Carl Erskine no-hits Chicago Cubs, 5-0.
- The Special Forces (United States Army) are created
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?