Saturday 19 June 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sadie Frost and Karen Davies.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Cat Ballou, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Sixpence In Her Shoe by Phyllis McGinley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 June 1965 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Sadie Frost: English actress.
- Karen Davies: Wrexham, North Wales -- Golfer (1991 PING-Cellular One-6th).
- Luc Donckerwolke: Belgian car designer.
- Sabine Braun: German heptathlete.
- James B Collip: Canadian bio-chemist (insulin), dies at 72.
- KYW-AM in Cleveland Ohio returns call letters to Philadelphia
- Houari Boumédienne's Revolutionary Council ousts Ahmed Ben Bella, in a bloodless coup in Algeria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- Roger Miller - Engine Engine #9
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Patti Page - Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?