Thursday 19 July 2007US date format: 7/19/2007, UK date format: 19/7/2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
In UK Umbrella by Rihanna featuring Jay-Z was in the top 5 hits.
The Bourne Ultimatum, directed by Paul Greengrass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Presidential Courage by Michael Beschloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Saving Grace.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: The Mega Quiz or Clean Asia!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 19 July 2007 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 July
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 14,000 for the first time in history.
- The National Resistance Movement, the governing party of Uganda, announces plans to introduce compulsory national service. (The Kampala Monitor)
- Two United States Army soldiers are charged with murder of an Iraqi and their battalion commander is relieved of duty due to the incident. (The Los Angeles Times)
- In the United Kingdom, the Labour Party wins a by-election in the seat of Sedgefield formerly held by Tony Blair as well as the constituency of Ealing Southall. (Reuters via News Limited)
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 14,000 points for the first time in history, partly as a result of a good earnings report from IBM. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Suspected Somali insurgents target a peace meeting with mortar fire but accidentally kill six children. (Reuters via Canada.com)
- A U.S. federal judge dismisses a case brought by Valerie Plame against members of the Bush Administration in connection with the Plame affair. (CNN)
- Death toll in the Mumbai building collapse rises to 26 as rescue operations continues.
- A report commissioned by the Solomon Islands Government is critical of the handling of last year's Honiara riots by the Regional Assistance Mission to the Solomon Islands (RAMSI). (AAP via News Limited)
- Iraq's main Sunni Arab political block, the Iraqi Accord Front, agrees to end its boycott of the Iraqi Council of Representatives. (Reuters)
- Heritage Oil and Gas finds a petroleum deposit in Uganda. HOG estimates the deposit contains several billions of barrels of oil, the largest find in Africa in over a decade. (AllAfrica)
- Japanese media reports claim that the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa Nuclear Power Plant will remain closed for at least a year following the 2007 Chūetsu offshore earthquake. (BBC)
- Three bombs in Pakistan kill at least 52 people with at least 160 people killed in bomb attacks since the storming of the Lal Masjid mosque. (Reuters)
- Castleberry's Food Company of Augusta, Georgia issues a recall on hot dog chili sauce and other products, due to contamination of Clostridium botulinum. 8 people contracted Botulism poisoning from Castleberry's products. This prompts the first botulism recall of canned foods in the United States in over 30 years. (CDC)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Umbrella - Rihanna Featuring Jay-Z
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain Featuring Yung Joc
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie Featuring Foxx & Webbie
- Kelly Rowland Featuring Eve - Like This
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ojala - Marco Antonio Solis
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Que Me Des Tu Carino - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Joan Sebastian - Eso y Mas
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Rihanna featuring Jay-Z - Umbrella
- Kate Nash - Foundations
- Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson - The Way I Are
- Do You Know? (The Ping Pong Song) - Enrique Iglesias
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
A report by the National Petroleum Council, billed as a comprehensive analysis of the world’s energy challenge, sees a 50 percent rise in energy demand over the next 25 years. [..]
Employment Web site operator Dice Holdings went public for a second time on Wednesday and raised $217 million after pricing at the top of the range. TheDeal.com called the I.P.O. a “bonanza” for Dice’s two private equity backers, General Atlantic and Quadrangle Group, which have made roughly 2.7 times their money in two years. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.00
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $126.91
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $76.18
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.52
- 1 CAD = 1.1535 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0585 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9173 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4649 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?