Friday 19 March 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent van der Bijl and Peep Lassmann.
The Last Stage, directed by Wanda Jakubowska, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Swift Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1948
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1948 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Vincent van der Bijl: South African cricketer.
- Peep Lassmann: Estonian pianist and educator.
- David Schnitter: American saxophonist and educator.
- Vintcent van der Bijl: South African cricketer and umpire.
- Lee Savold knocks out Gino Buonvino in 54 seconds at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sabre Dance - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- I Love You, Yes I Do - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra